Jueves, 23 Marcha, 2017

Boy Choked by Scarf While Playing with Dog in Bucks County Dies

A five-year-old boy who was accidentally choked when investigators say the family dog pulled his scarf too tightly around his neck has died Boy, 5, reportedly dies after being accidentally choked by family dog
Tobias Pedroso | 21 Marcha, 2017, 01:46

A five-year-old boy who was accidentally choked when investigators say the family dog pulled his scarf too tightly around his neck, has died.

The Philadelphia coroner's office says John Bruno died Saturday at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, where he had been under heavy sedation since Wednesday's accident.

Authorities initially believed Bruno's death may have been caused by cardiac arrest, but the Philadelphia Medical Examiner ruled Saturday that he died of "accidental strangulation", the result of the dog cutting off his airway. Warrington Police Chief Daniel Friel said the boy was outside playing with the family dog, a hound mix, when his mother looked out to find him face-down in the snow. First responders began CPR, and transported the boy to Doylestown Hospital. She untied the scarf, which police say was tight around her son's neck, carried him into the house, and immediately called 911. As of 9 a.m. Monday, the community has donated more than $12,000 to help the Bruno family with medical and funeral expenses.

"His smile and boundless energy was electric", the fundraising page reads. "Above all else, John loved his mom, dad, and big sister". As of Monday afternoon, donations totaled almost $17,000, more than tripling the $5,000 fundraising goal. "Thank you from the bottom of my heart", said Herbert.