Martes, 22 Agosto, 2017

At least one person killed in Nigeria building collapse

Presently many persons are said to be trapped in the wreckage Presently many persons are said to be trapped in the wreckage
Manuel Armenta | 19 May, 2017, 20:45

It was learnt that rescue work was call off because there were remote chances that more persons would still be trapped.

At least three people died Thursday when a building under construction collapsed in Lagos.

Ibrahim Farinloye, NEMA Spokesman in the south west region confirmed the three dead bodies and the rescue of 19 person alive.

General Manager, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, Adesina Tiamiyu confirmed that three dead bodies had so far been evacuated from the building. We first reached 14 of the labourers and some were treated by the agency's medical team and LASAMBUS.

NAN reports that officials of the Nigeria Police Force, the Red Cross, NEMA, the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) and the Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA), all declined to speak on the operation.

The building which is located at 2/4, Richard Abimbola, Off Limca Road, Ire Adri Estate at Isolo, Lagos was still under construction.

It is understood that the building gave in around 2:30 pm on Thursday and rescue workers are already on the site in a desperate bid to rescue the trapped victims.

As at 5.57p.m., he said emergency workers increased the number of rescued persons by two, making the total rescue figure 15 and at about 6.15p.m., he said one more person was rescued, making it 17 survivors.